Wednesday, March 10, 2004

So, I've been talking about this spiritual makeover I'm trying to achieve right now. I'm also trying to achieve a physical makeover. For the first time in my life, I'm actually ashamed of my appearance. And it doesn't help that I am contrasted with my good-looking friends. That's the thing about friendship...your friends always look great to you. In high school, my friend Maya (who is about 5'2" and at that time a voluptuous size 2) had a lot of great clothes. Maya has never really been into clothes and one time she offered some of her stuff to me that she didn't care for and knew that I liked. I just stared at her with affection. Only a true friend would look at her 5'7" very curvy girlfriend and think she could honestly fit into a size 2 dress. Those are the eyes of love right there. To her, I always looked thin. And when my girlfriends now complain about their weight or body problems, I just don't get it. I think they look fabulous. I'll keep you posted on my progress. So far, I have been working out regularly for three weeks and I have managed to control my temper and bitchiness for three days.

I got the new Keb' Mo' CD today. If you like blues and you don't know Keb' Mo', get your booty to the music store right now. His stuff is so great. Here are my Keb' lyrics for the day from the song "Let Your Light Shine." It goes with my makeover theme.

"Step Aside
Let Your Light Shine
Let Your Love Show
It's a short ride
Down a long road
When the rains come
And the winds blow
Let Your Light Shine
Wherever you go"


I'm trying, Keb'.



No comments: