Wednesday, May 19, 2004

So, I went to my last Junior League meeting of the year last night. They rented out a new museum called the Wildlife Experience for our meeting. We had a nice dinner and they presented awards. They gave out 10 Shining Star awards for significant contributions to the League. I got one. Which was fun. But the meeting was awkward for me. At the social part before the meeting, I didn't know anyone and just stood off to the side by myself. I just get so shy and I'm not good at just walking up to people and introducing myself. It was really uncomfortable. Luckily, this really nice lady came up to me and introduced herself. I was so relieved. And then I ran across a couple of new members to sit with at dinner. But I am always so terrible in these situations!

Now, I'll be focusing on starting my training as a new Facilitator. I think I'm going to learn a lot. I was given my supplies, flipchart and easel at our first meeting on Monday. I felt so official!

I'm trying to up my participation in politics too. I get to go meet my favorite Colorado senator, Sen. Gordon, on June 5 and I couldn't be more excited.



No comments: