Friday, March 19, 2010

EASTER BABIES by Joy Hulme


I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher.

As  you can well imagine, my toddler has already amassed quite the library in his almost two years. I suppose that comes from having a parent who works in a library and has more than a passing appreciation of books.  Every holiday, I add a new book (or two) to his collection.  So, I was especially excited to get a copy of this book.  EASTER BABIES is a very sweet book filled with softly colored illustrations of animals. It combines the elements of a holiday book with rhyming and counting.  A child can assist in identiftying the easily familiar animals while working on counting skills. The rhymes are pleasant as are all the illustrations.  The book is more of a general Easter book with only a passing reference to the Christian holiday so it would work for most families.  I think it would make a lovely addition to anyone's Easter basket.

BOTTOM LINE:  Recommended.  A very sweet gentle holiday book with the added bonus of giving children the chance to practice their counting skills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.