This has been a momentous year for me in a lot of ways. When I look back, I can hardly believe where I was a year ago today. Here are some highlights from my year:
January---I found out I was having a boy. I flew home to Dallas and went on a little baby shopping spree.
February--My husband and I took a babymoon down the California coast from Monterey to San Simeon.
March/April--I was lucky enough to get TWO baby showers. So much fun!
May--I had my baby on May 18 and turned 33 on May 25.
June--Almost lost my mind from lack of sleep and challenges with breastfeeding
July--Celebrated my second wedding anniversary
August--Prepared to go back to work and started my duties as a board member with the Junior League
September--Started life as a full-time working mom
October--Dressed Aidan up as a cowboy for Halloween
November--I watched a candidate I believe in win the election and started feeding baby solids at Thanksgiving
December--Looked back on an amazing year full of great challenges and great joy
Here are a few things I learned:
1) I wasn't sure if I would enjoy being a mom---I love it.
2) I discovered that I am strong enough to give birth to a baby.
3) I had to face the fact that I cannot be all things to all the people in my life and that I don't not have the power to make everyone happy.
4) Being a full-time working mom is harder than I thought it would be. I long to work part-time.
5) I am grateful for health insurance. I am even more grateful for a healthy family.
6) I am truly truly blessed.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!
I will see you in 2009 with my Year in Books recap!