I had a hard time narrowing down my list for 2012 to just 10 books. I couldn't do it!!! So, here are my favorites of 2012:
19. DEARIE by Bob Spitz--Perfect for any Julia Child fans out there.
18. THE TWELVE by Justin Cronin--this sequel to THE PASSAGE was much much better than the first in the trilogy
17. SHADOW OF NIGHT by Deborah Harkness--Another sequel that surpasses the first book in the series
16. MRS QUEEN TAKE THE TRAIN by William Kuhn--a charming little tale about Queen Elizabeth that is perfect for any anglophiles out there
15. SANDCASTLE GIRLS by Chris Bohjalian--This book educated so much on a horrible genocide that I had known nothing about.
14. BELLWETHER REVIVALS by Benjamin Wood--While this book had its problems, I still enjoyed its depiction of madness and genius.
13.WHERE'D YOU GO, BERNADETTE by Maria Semple--This quirky book had some great characters.
12. IN ONE PERSON by John Irving---Irving proves again what a gifted writer he really is
11. CITY OF WOMEN by David R. Gillham--Another side to WWII that I had never explored before
10. HEADING OUT TO WONDERFUL by Robert Goolrick---Some may be put off by this dark tale but I thought it was really well done.
9. PLACE OF SECRETS by Rachel Hore--I love a good "family secrets" drama and this one even had a little astronomy in it!
8. GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn--Infuriating by also fascinating. A great vacation read.
7. HEFT by Liz Moore--A sweet book about misfits who are struggling to find their place in the world
6. ROUND HOUSE by Louise Erdrich--A terrific coming-of-age tale
5. LET'S PRETEND THIS NEVER HAPPENED by Jenny Lawson--I haven't laughed so hard in a long long time.
4. SATURDAY NIGHT WIDOWS by Becky Aikman--A wonderful tale of women supporting each other and finding healing and purpose in doing so
3. SECRET KEEPER by Kate Morton--Morton is one of my favorite writers and she doesn't disappoint with this one
2. END OF YOUR LIFE BOOK CLUB by Will Schwalbe--For anyone who has ever loved a book
1. UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY by Rachel Joyce--This sweet and moving tale is my favorite of the year!
All of these books have been reviewed on this blog.
Looking forward to 2013!!!