Monday, March 04, 2013

Learning with Bloggers

I get some of my very best inspiration from bloggers.  I have been so thrilled with all the wonderful blogs I have found with quality at-home activities you can do with children.  I am not able to homeschool as I am currently the main breadwinner in the family but I try to find great enrichment activities to do with my son at home and on the weekends. I wanted to share a few of my very favorite bloggers with you:

1. ARTFUL PARENT
This wonderful blogger comes up with brilliant art activities that you can do at home.  She has some wonderful seasonal ezines that you can purchase (Spring is coming soon!) but will also be coming out with a book in April. I already have the book on order!!!

2. CRAFTY CROW
The Crafty Crow has some darling art activities for children.

3. IMAGINATION TREE
I love this blog!!! It is filled with Montessori-style activities that you can do at home with a few easy-to-find supplies. Especially good for 5 and under.

4. IMAGINE CHILDHOOD
This beautiful blog is filled with wonderful activities to get you outdoors and exploring nature.  They also have a wonderful book and store.

5. SEW LIBERATED
Sewing for kids!!! The GROWING UP SEW LIBERATED book is one of my favorites!!!

6. TINKERLAB--Art and Science activities for kids!!!

7. SOULE MAMA
Another wonderful blog (and books) with nature-based and Waldorf-style learning.

8. RED BIRD CRAFTS
This is a fairly new one for me.  I started reading it after I bought her book SHOW ME A STORY.  The emphasis here is on literacy.

9. WHIP UP
The home of one of my favorite ezines ACTION PACK!!! (I am even an affiliate I love it so much)  Filled with many wonderful science-based activities.

10. BIRD AND LITTLE BIRD
Home of another favorite ezine---ALPHABET GLUE. The emphasis here is on reading and literacy.

There are so many more out there and these are just a few of my favorites.  We are so lucky to have so much inspiration at our fingertips!!!

No comments: