Tuesday, May 21, 2013

WHEN A DAD SAYS "I LOVE YOU" by Douglas Wood





I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher.

I was so pleased to have the opportunity to review this sweet book just in time for Father's Day.  Sometimes, people express their love in ways other than using words. This book offers a variety of ways that dads say "I love you" that are out of the ordinary.  The illustrations are charming:

Each page features a different animal pair and represents both sons and daughters doing all sorts of activities with Dads.  We have dads making pancakes, dads playing chase, dads tickling, dads singing, dads doing magic and much more.  The book ends with a dad saying "I love you" in the traditional way at bedtime. It is so sweet!

This would make a great Father's Day gift and I love the fact that it would encourage dads and kids to read together.  It's the perfect bedtime story. I absolutely loved it!

BOTTOM LINE:  Highly recommended. A sweet cozy read full of the many ways that dads can say "I love you."

No comments: