2014 was full of calamity for me. Although I did a lot of reading, I had trouble keeping up my reviews. Mostly because I did so much reading from a sick bed. Here are some of my favorite reads from 2014 (in no particular order):
1. US by David Nicholls--I think this book found me at the right time. I just loved it. Much much more than ONE DAY.
2. THE BOY WHO DREW MONSTERS by Keith Donohue--Think of M. Night Shyamalan in book form.
3. THE STORIED LIFE OF AJ FIKRY by Gabrielle Zevin--Incredibly sweet book reminiscent of SILAS MARNER.
4. CHAPLIN AND COMPANY by Mave Fellowes--Full of quirky characters!
5. THE BOOK OF YOU by Claire Kendal--The scariest thing I have read in a long time!
6. THE BOOK OF LIFE by Deborah Harkness--A fun ending to a great trilogy.
7. DOLLBABY by Laura Lane McNeal--Think Fannie Flagg crossed with THE HELP.
8. THE VISITORS by Sally Beauman--I have had a hard time convincing anyone to read this. This is an old-school novel where you have to take your time. It is worth it!
9. CLOSE YOUR EYES, HOLD HANDS by Chris Bohjalian--Bohjalian does it again!
10. AND THE DARK SACRED NIGHT by Julia Glass--I am not usually a Glass fan but I really loved this one!
I tried to include only those books published in 2014 on this list. I also read some great books that will be coming out this year. So much to look forward to! Happy Reading!