Monday, May 09, 2005

Well, I got my eyes lasered on Friday. I went from 20/400 vision to 20/25. Pretty impressive. The strange thing is that I went from near-sighted to far-sighted. Right now, I'm having some trouble seeing things close up. Especially computer screens and books. My doctor says that should even out. I hope so. It would be so bad for me to not be able to read. It's my favorite hobby. Also, I'm struggling with some pretty profound dry eye. Hopefully that will clear up.

I can't believe I'm inching closer to age 30. It doesn't freak me out but I have a hard time believing it because I don't feel 30. I feel about 22. I look at my friends who are having babies and I'm just amazed. I don't feel old enough to be a mother. My mom got me when she was 30. But then my grandmother didn't have my mother until she was 40. Maybe I'm just a late bloomer like her.

There are just two weeks left until I leave for a week in Southern California with Gary and I can't wait. It seems like a long time. I can't wait to go to Disneyland. I haven't been there since I was about 10 years old. Seems like a good place to turn 30. I can't wait to hit the Haunted Mansion. That will be my first stop!

No comments: