Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cupid's Revenge

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Mine was a mixture of good and bad. Gary gave me some lovely yellow roses. My favorite. He then took me to a new restaurant in town called Graffiti which was just lovely. Earlier in the day, I had to take Toulouse to the vet because he has been limping. It turns out he sprained his elbow. I'm supposed to keep him from jumping around. Which, if you know cats, is laughable.

After our lovely dinner, Gary had an allergic reaction to something he ate. And it wasn't pretty. I felt so bad for him. I went back to the restaurant today to find out what was in the dish. The chef could not have been nicer. But we still couldn't figure out what it was. Poor Gary. He has all these food allergies and asthma. He's so delicate! :)

Tomorrow, I go to San Francisco on my own for a real adventure. I'm volunteering with the League at Project Homeless from 8:30-12:30. Here's hoping I can find my way there and back. I get anxious every time I venture into the city. Which is a little strange since I grew up in a big city. But San Francisco is its own thing. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

so did you decide which League to join? Do you have to do a transfer year? I am a transfer advisor this year so I get to meet all our new transfers. It's quite fun!

And it's pretty understandable that you get nervous going in to the city... it's still new to you. I'm sure as you do it more it will get easier.

Amy M. said...

I joined the SF League. Figured there would be more opportunities there. So far, I haven't been given a placement. Go figure. I should probably contact them. I'm not sure if they have a transfer committee. I hope so.

Genevieve said...

yeah, you should contact them. Although I know with us, you can only transfer in Sept or Jan, because they have special requirements and aren't on a regular committee (it's like doing provisional year all over). So maybe it's something like that. They should be able to tell you if you call, though.