Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I AM Reading!

Hi everyone.

I am trying to finish my current reads but I am really dragging.  Maybe it is the unseasonably warm weather.  Maybe I am coming down off of a sugar high after Halloween. Maybe I am not getting enough sleep because Noodlebug seems to be coughing most of the night. We are assured by the doctor that he is NOT sick but just has a lingering cough....if one more person tells me to put him to bed with a humidifier I'm going to defenestrate them. We have tried every trick in the book but he continues to cough at night after a month. At least he seems healthy enough otherwise.

Current reads:

RAISING THE PERFECT CHILD THROUGH GUILT AND MANIPULATION by Elizabeth Beckwith (sent to me by HarperCollins)

HUNGRY MONKEY : A FOOD-LOVING FATHER'S QUEST TO RAISE AN ADVENTUROUS EATER by Matthew Amster-Burton

I am about to start:

GATE AT THE STAIRS by Lorrie Moore

ALICE I HAVE BEEN by Melanie Benjamin (sent to me by Random House)

I keep gazing longingly at my copy of AS Byatt's THE CHILDREN'S HOUR but I am trying to save it for my holiday vacation time. I want to savor it. 

Happy reading!!!

1 comment:

Marie Cloutier said...

I hope you enjoy your reads. I'll be interested to hear what you think of A GATE AT THE STAIRS particularly, and the Byatt when you get to it of course! :-)