Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lent is Coming

Ash Wednesday is next week and I have to say I'm really looking forward to Lent.  It is a time to reapply myself to my faith life and get focused again.  Plus, it is a great transition into Spring. Gary, Purl and I have resurrected our faith blog and welcome you to join us there.  My church always has a Lenten book read and this year our pastors have chosen AN ALTAR IN THE WORLD by Barbara Brown Taylor.  Coincidentally, it was featured it its own dedicated Shelf Awareness this week.  In addition to this book, I will also be reading and applying 40 DAYS TO PERSONAL REVOLUTION by Baron Baptiste.  It is a yoga/meditation book that just came into the library and I thought to myself....."Hey!  40 days of yoga/meditation.....40 days of Lent....sounds like a match!"  The time has come to get serious about my health and fitness.  I need to lose about 40 pounds and that number seems insurmountable.  But I'm going to try and make some changes and Lent seems like a good time to do it.

No comments: