Monday, April 08, 2013

Climbing out of the Muck

So far, 2013 has been a year of illness in my little family.  I have been down for the past few weeks with a severe sinus infection among other ailments.  But I'm finally crawling out of the muck! And I have so many reviews to share with you!

In the meantime, I did manage to drag my sickly body (complete with giant cold sore) to a booksigning with Jenny Lawson. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to meet one of my favorite writers.  Many of you will remember that her memoir, LET'S PRETEND THIS NEVER HAPPENED, was one of my favorite books last year.  I was happy to hear that she will have a new book on mental illness coming out next year. 


Lawson famously suffers from social anxiety among other disorders but she seemed completely at ease to me.  She couldn't have been sweeter or more gracious and patient.  Made me love her even more!!!

(me with The Bloggess!)
I wore my shirt with the cats on it in honor of the occasion.

I don't get to attend many booksignings these days but I'm so glad I got to go to this one.

I can't wait to share with you what I have been reading!  Stay tuned!!!

(In the meantime, I'm thinking about soap and other weight issues on my creative blog today.)

No comments: