Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CLOSE MY EYES by Sophie McKenzie

I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher.


A lot of people were comparing this book to GONE GIRL when I received it so I was really excited to read it. I love a good suspense novel that plays mind games with the reader. In some ways, this is that kind of book.  Geniver Loxley's daughter was stillborn eight years ago and she cannot move on.  Her husband, Art, has been able to pick up the pieces and create a successful business but Geniver can't seem to cope.  One day, a strange woman shows up at Geniver's door and tells her that her child is still alive.  How can that be? Is it true?  Geniver can't let go of the possibility and begins to try and find out the truth.  Her journey turns to fear and paranoia the deeper she goes into the past and the truth. 

This was such a fun read. I couldn't put it down. I took it with me wherever I went. As a mom myself, I found the story to be such a nightmare and I just had to know what was going to happen.  That being said, I found the ending really disappointing. It just wasn't believable to me.  Still, this is fun read that would be perfect for taking on vacation.

BOTTOM LINE:  Recommended. Even though the ending was disappointing, I still found this to be a fun and exciting read.  I couldn't put it down! Bring it on vacation with you and plan on staying up late to read it!

No comments: