Thursday, March 10, 2005

I have had faith on my mind a lot lately. Probably because we are in the middle of Lent. I've been working through a Lenten bible study book called "Faith Odyssey: A Journey Through Lent" by Richard Burridge. If you are a Christian and Fantasy/Sci-Fi geek, then this is the book for you. I love it and I try to read it every year at this time.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about how difficult it can be to be a political liberal and a Christian. People typically place liberalism and Christianity on opposite sides of a battle. And it can be very frustrating for me. I hate being ganged up on and I get from both "Christians" and atheists. It makes me so angry. But, as I have said before, the only person I need to prove anything to is God.

So, I've been searching for books by people like me. I just went out and bought Ann Lamott's two books on faith and I have been recommened "Blue Like Jazz" which I will also try. And Garrison Keillor's "Homegrown Democrat." (he's a liberal AND a Lutheran!) I need a little spiritual boost and knowing that there are others out there like me will probably help.

No comments: