Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I just watched the French-Canadian film "Seducing Dr. Lewis" last night and it was truly charming. It reminded me of a cross between "Lagaan" and "Waking Ned Devine." If you are in the mood for a sweet, simple film, you should definitely check this one out.

I've been watching the tv series "Millenium" lately which I love but it can be fairly violent and depressing. Every episode is about a different serial killer/apocalyptic events. The series takes place in the late nineties with the premise that the end of the world will be coming with the millenium and because the millenium is near, mor evil events are occurring. I can only watch so many of these episodes in a row because they can give me nightmares after awhile. That's why it's good to have a palate cleanser like "Seducing Dr. Lewis" to renew my faith in humanity.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I have Seducing Dr Lewis in my netflix queue, so I'm glad to hear it was good. I loved Lagaan, but I fell asleep during Waking Ned Devine (to be fair, it was during Mardi Gras that I tried to watch it, so I was SUPER sleepy.)