Sunday, September 24, 2006

We're Back

Well, we made it back safely from Italy. It was a wonderful two weeks. We started in Rome and then drove up through Umbria, over to Tuscany and then ended in Milan. The big cities always have a lot to see but we really enjoyed the small towns. We especially liked Lucca. What a great city! Very pleasant and cosmopolitan. And we got enough good weather to get a chance to bike along the city walls. We were sad to leave but hope we will get a chance to return to Italy. We both threw a coin in the Trevi fountain just to be sure.

Now, we are facing some more big changes. I start my new job tomorrow which I am nervous about. It has been a long time since I have started a new job. It will be a big adjustment. But I am excited. Also, we are moving into a rental house. There is no big rush to move so we are taking our time. Just a few things at a time. I'm excited to move because of the extra space. We'll be able to entertain easier and have more room for guests to come and stay. I'm really looking forward to having my mom come out. We won't be as crowded as we were during the wedding planning.

I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm nervous and we still haven't quite gotten back on schedule after our trip. And I will have to start getting up pretty early from now on. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

the good thing about returning home jet lag is that you wake up super early. I always wake up around 6 am and I'm wide awake. Of course, you are an additional 3 hours behind me, which means 9 hours behind Italy. That's a lot! So you might have a different experience :-)

Pictures, please!!