Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

Okay, I have a confession. I am getting addicted to Bravo's REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY. I don't know what it is about this show but I just love it. Maybe it's the fact that it is proof positive that money doesn't buy sense. I thought it would be appealing because it would give me a vicarious look at the NY high life but instead it just makes me relieved that I have the life I do. I look at the obsession that these women have with clothes and maintaining their youth as well as the stress of figuring out where they stand socially and I breathe a sigh of relief. Sure, money can make things easier. However, a lot of it involved what you do with it. I certainly don't want to be in a place where my summer could be ruined by whether or not I got invited to a cooking party or not or whether I won a "friendly" tennis game or not. So silly. And yet, so entertaining!!!

No comments: