Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nice Surprise

I will be taking a short break for a few days while my mom is visiting but I wanted to share something nice with you. I just found out that I have been given the award for "Outstanding Community Service by a Staff Member" at my workplace. This is an award where you are nominated by your co-workers. I think there are few things more meaningful than being recognized by your peers. I don't really feel I should be recognized for community service as it is my privilege and joy to volunteer but it is nice that people nominated me for this. I am so flattered and touched!

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

that's awesome!

(hi to your mom!!)

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on the award, Amy! I am sure it is well deserved. Have a nice visit with your mom!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I can't think of a more deserving person.