Monday, January 26, 2009

Books and Buttons

I have been doing really well with my reading in 2009 so far. This weekend, I finished STORI TELLING by Tori Spelling and A SPOONFUL OF POISON by MC Beaton. I won't bother to do formal reviews on either one as they are both bits of fluff that I just enjoyed reading. I was a bit disappointed by the Tori Spelling book. I have never cared for Tori Spelling but got sucked into her reality show not long ago. I was surprised by how funny and self-deprecating that she is. And her relationship with Dean is sweet. Tori and I were pregnant at the same time and we are almost the same age so I felt a kind of affinity with her. I thought her book might give me a little insight into her life but there were no great revelations. It was a waste of time. I should have stuck with her tv show.

A SPOONFUL OF POISON is the lastest Agatha Raisin mystery by MC Beaton. A quick satisfying cozy mystery. Now, if I could just figure out what is going on with the next CAT WHO mystery. Rumor has it that there will never be another one published. I hope not!!!

I saw the "Curious Case of Benjaming Button" this weekend in my annual quest to see all of the Oscar-nominated films. The movie really emotionally affected me. I got really stirred up. Quite good but be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I haven't seen that one yet... I saw Revolutionary Road yesterday which I did not like at all. The acting was good but the movie was SO depressing! Next weekend will either be Ben Button or the Reader...