Monday, January 05, 2009

LITTLE GIANT OF ABERDEEN COUNTY by Tiffany Baker



My first book of 2009 was a good one. I got an advanced copy and really enjoyed it. (The book will be released on January 8) THE LITTLE GIANT OF ABERDEEN COUNTY follows the life of Truly, a woman with a pituitary problem that causes her to be literally larger than life. The story follows Truly's life from birth to the present and juxtaposes her experiences with that of her beautiful sister Serena Jane and other characters in their small town of Aberdeen. The book focuses on the themes of finding one's place in the world as well as family secrets and legacies. It reminded me a bit of Fannie Flagg's works. Definitely a good start to the new year.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this one. I am so glad you enjoyed it!