Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vote for Matt Logelin and the Liz Logelin Foundation

Hello Friends.

Many of you know that one of my favorite blogs is written by Matt Logelin. Matt lost his wife 24 hours after his daughter was born. His daughter was born two months before my son.  Matt has struggled with living life without Liz while being a wonderful father to Maddie.  He blogs about his adventures and started the Liz Logelin Foundation to bring financial relief to widows and widowers of small children who are struggling.

Matt's story really moves me because I not only think about what it would be like to miss my child growing up but also what it would be like to raise my child without my husband. I think it is so amazing that Matt has turned his grief into something so powerful and positive.  He and his beautiful girl Maddie are currently in India while Matt writes a book about his life with Liz and his subsequent loss.

Matt is nominated right now in two different contests that could get money for the Liz Logelin Foundation. Read about them here.  All you need to do is click and vote. It's free and could make a real difference.

No comments: