Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Update

Friends---

It was a difficult weekend.  My family stood in line for three hours to get the H1N1 shot on Saturday. We are all vaccinated now but it was a long and difficult morning. There is a lot of stress and strife in my family right now that we are trying to work through. I'm desperately fighting off depression and trying to focus on all the good things around me like the beautiful fall weather and the fact that we are entering the holiday season which I always look forward to.

I am still working on Irving's book. I made a special trip to the bookstore with Noodlebug yesterday and bought AS Byatt's THE CHILDREN'S BOOK.  This morning, I heard from GoodReads that I won a copy of Michael Chabon's new book which is exciting. 

If I am sporadic in my posting over the next few days, please know that I am reading and will be posting reviews soon. And I'm reading all of your blogs and comments!!!!

4 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

Hang in there. I hope everything is okay with you and your family :-)

Gary said...

I was thinking about getting a t-shirt made that says "Depression" on the front and "Sucks" on the back. Not terribly creative, but who knows? Maybe it's a million dollar idea.

I've heard about the lines to get that crazy flu shot. I'll be you're glad that's over.

Hang in there, Amy. I hope the clouds lift soon.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Amy, this is entering a tough time of year for lots of people with depression. I'm hoping things will be back to normal for you soon.

Genevieve said...

call me if you need to talk.