Friday, December 11, 2009

RIP Kirkus Reviews

I began my day today by reading the announcement that Kirkus Reviews is ceasing publication.  What?!!  For years, when I have looked for reviews on books, I have always gone first to the Kirkus Review because I respect their opinion.  If they gave a book a good review, I knew I would probably like it.  This is just so sad.  First my favorite parenting magazine goes under and now my favorite book review publication.  What is this world coming to?

In other news, I am reading like a madwoman! Trying hard to finish about 4 books so I hope to post some new reviews soon.  Happy reading everyone!!!

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

That's so sad. I've never followed Kirkus reviews, but I've heard the name. It's always sad though when a well-respected publication goes out of business, especially one that caters to booklovers.

Marie Cloutier said...

I'm so bummed about Kirkus. We need these kinds of professional sources. It's a real shame.