Monday, March 15, 2010

POTTY ANIMALS by Hope Vestergaard



I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher.

My little family is inching its way ever closer to potty training and the prospect fills me with dread. Diapers seems so easy in comparison! So, when I was presented with the opportunity to read and review a copy of POTTY ANIMALS, I jumped at the chance.  

POTTY ANIMALS isn't your average toilet training book. It goes far beyond ONCE UPON A POTTY to introduce toddlers to all the toilet basics and niceties from washing your hands to flushing when you are finished.  I appreciated the breadth and humor of this book. Parents will enjoy it just as much as children. Each animal presents a different "do" and "don't" in a funny and entertaining way. The illustrations are cute and funny and easily recognizable.  The book is wordy, however, so I would recommend it for older toddlers. I abbreviated it a little for my 2-year-old. But I know this book will prove an invaluable and entertaining reference during the next few potty training years!

BOTTOM LINE: Recommended.  A good addition to any toddlers library because they contain those basics that we all need to know!


No comments: