Wednesday, August 20, 2003

It has come to my attention that I am once more delinquent in taking care of my blogspot. (thanks Dave for the kick in the pants) I really have no excuses. It's not like I go out often or exercise or volunteer or anything worthwhile like that. I go to work and then come home and get sucked in by the vortex of my couch. Or Bill calls at 5:30 demanding that we go out to eat immediately. This is why I'm twenty pounds overweight right now.

I started a diet today, however. I have to get ready for the big reunion in October. I chose the South Beach Diet. No carbs or sugar or alcohol for the next two weeks. I'm going to be really cranky. I have already decided to allow myself one alcoholic beverage when I meet friends for drinks this Thursday. And, of course, I refuse to give up my La Fogata Tuesday lunch with my friend and co-workers. But I will try to stick to the plan otherwise. It worked well for my friend, so we'll see.

I joined the Junior League of Denver yesterday. I really like the programs they are involved in. I felt it would be a good networking opportunity and I liked the idea of meeting new people and learning new skills. It felt a little bit like joining a sorority all over again. Except without the negative stuff. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Well, I better get back to work. I will try to be better about posting. It's not that I have anything particularly interesting to say. But maybe this will keep you all connected to my life in some small way.

No comments: