Tuesday, August 05, 2003

So, I have been delinquent again. And I can't get my comment engine to work. So, if you have anything really important to comment on, you can e-mail at amalaise@hotmail.com. Please put "blogspot" in the header so I don't delete it as spam.

Anyway, I went to Caroline's funeral. It was really sad but uplifting. She planned it two weeks before her death. Caroline was very active in her church and seemed to be at peace with the fact that she was going to die. She felt very confident that she was moving on to a higher plane and would see us all again. I hope we will. She was a wonderful person.

This past weekend I was in Montana for my friend Maya's wedding. I was a bridesmaid. Fun experience but a bit strange also. Montana is so beautiful. I find mountains so spiritual. I got to reconnect with people I hadn't seen in ten years. Sort of prepared me for the upcoming class reunion. How scary is that? Ten years since high school. We've changed so much in that time yet also it seems we are pretty much the same people. It was great to see Maya so happy. She and Teddy are a great match. Yet sometimes in your happiness for others, you can't help but feel a twinge of envy. I'm just glad she found her soulmate.

No comments: