Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Biggest Loser

So, I joined Weight Watchers four weeks ago. My friend had great success with it.

So far, I have lost about three pounds. And it has been a struggle. I love to eat. And I'm also an emotional eater. I will eat when I am not hungry because I find it comforting. I have tried really hard to stick with the program and I have been working out five times a week.

The difficult part is not comparing yourself to others. I know three breast-feeding women on Weight Watchers who have gotten skinny in no time at all. Even without much exercise. My three pounds have been a colossal struggle. It can be really frustrating and demoralizing sometimes.

But I'm going to stick with it. I need to be healthier. My first goal is five pounds. My second goal is 16 pounds. My ultimate goal is to lose about 25 pounds. And, in the meantime, I have also set myself a fitness goal. Right now, I run one mile and walk two miles on an incline. I would like to ultimately be able to run 3.5 miles. That's my first goal.

I'll let you know how it goes. I dread hitting the gym every day so this is going to be tough. But I would like to look better in my wedding dress. I think that's a good incentive.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Good for you! If you are not happy, it's great that you are trying to change. Good luck.