Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Long Tall Texan

For my birthday in May, Gary got me tickets to see Lyle Lovett. We went to the concert last night. It was so great! I love Lyle! He has such a great voice and draws on so many musical traditions. Country, jazz, bluegrass, blues, gospel... It makes for a really good show. I think Gary was impressed too. In the next few months, we'll be seeing Death Cab for Cutie and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I have a few must-see artists. Tom Petty is one of them. I also try to always see Tori Amos and Keb' Mo'. I may have to add Lyle Lovett to that list. I also found out the Brian Setzer Orchestra will be coming for a special Christmas show. I saw his Christmas show in Denver a few years ago and it was great. There's nothing like a good concert to put you in a good mood!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Awesome! I'm jealous of your Death Cab outing... I've been reluctant to buy tickets for too many things, since I don't know when I'm moving, but maybe I need to check the August schedules today...