Friday, August 11, 2006

Concert Etc

Gary and I are started to set up our household together. We're changing our insurance, setting up a joint account, looking into life insurance, planning a possible move into a larger place. All the little things you do when starting a life with someone.

After losing our friend Raj (R.G.) a few weeks ago, we started to re-evaluate certain things. Gary is thinking seriously about getting his real estate license. And we are thinking about estate planning. Raj had a very moving funeral and memorial service. There were about 700 people at the memorial service. You could really see the legacy he left behind. He touched the lives of so many people. And it made me think about what (if anything) that I will leave behind. And about making plans for my funeral.

I lost my father very unexpectedly when I was 24. He was walking across a street and was hit and killed by a courier van. You just never know how much time you have left. So, you have to make every second count.

In other news, Gary and I are going to see Death Cab for Cutie tonight. It's going to be a busy weekend. I have a Junior League service project tomorrow and then we are going on a local Heritage Home tour on Sunday. Busy busy!

No comments: