Monday, September 10, 2007

Review of the SIMPLY VERA Collection

I was so excited to go to Kohl's this weekend and see the new Vera Wang collection. Talk about underwhelming! The clothes were cute enough but the price points were ridiculous! Kohl's is clearly not thinking about its customers. What Kohl's customer is going to spend $79 on a pair of cheap leather Vera Wang gloves and $100 on a Simply Vera cheap-looking leather purse?! I tried on a few things but I just couldn't justify $89 for a dress and $58 for a chiffon tank. Plus, most of the clothes have these cheap-looking satin ribbon belts that really look awful. I wouldn't mind the quality so much if the price points weren't so high. I think Target is really good about stuff like that. The Simply Vera designs were fine but the fabrics and other materials were pretty cheap. I didn't buy one thing. Guess I'll just have to wait for the new Temperley collection this hits target on the 16th.

In other news, I finished GHOSTWALK which is about Isaac Newton and started DOUBLE BIND. I'll post reviews later!

No comments: