Wednesday, January 09, 2008

5 Places to Eat

The lovely Sarah over at Experiment Land has this great meme that I just had to try.

If you could only eat at 5 restaurants for the rest of your life, what would they be?

1. EL FENIX


The first one is easy. My favorite Mexican food in the whole world!!! And you can only get it in Dallas.

2. Kuby's



I have been eating at Kuby's Sausage House since I was very very little. I adore their Polish sausage plate which comes with German potato salad and sauerkraut. Half of the place is a restaurant and half is a market. Again, you can only get it in Dallas.

3. Highland Park Cafeteria



You are going to think I'm weird but I really love cafeterias. One of my first outings as a baby was to this cafeteria where I cultivated my early love of macaroni and cheese. I am perfectly content with one of HP Cafeteria's plates with fried fish, macaroni and cheese and either blackeyed peas or fried okra. I'm a southern girl, okay?

Again, only a Dallas location. Do you see a theme?

4. Vesta Dipping Grill



Gary and I had our first date here. It is so delicious. Every dish comes with three dipping sauces of your choice and their salmon is utterly amazing. A really trendy romantic spot. Only in Denver!!!

5. The Palm



I know this may seem like an odd choice but I love it. It's hard to imagine getting lobster anywhere else. A restaurant of old school decadence, there are many locations throughout the U.S. But not one close to me. Boo hoo.

I can probably think of lots more but that's a good start!

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

Wasn't that fun to do? I had a blast. Thanks for playing along. (Those look yummy, by the way, and although I'm not much of a cafeteria girl, I consider myself a mac & cheese connoisseur. :) )

Genevieve said...

there is a restaurant near my office that has lobster mac & cheese. I love it. It is more delicious than it sounds, even. It cost $18 at lunch and it is so, so worth it.

I will take you there someday.