Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering...

Today is 9/11. Every year, I think about where I was and what I was doing on this day. I think about how I was working at the public library and we stayed open so that people could have access to the internet. I think about how my co-worker went home and got a little television set so we could watch it in the back room. I think about the families and friends of all those people that we lost.

It is not appropriate for me to get on a soap box today but I want to say that I also remember all of those people who have died SINCE 9/11---all the U.S. servicepeople and Iraqi civilians who have died overseas as a result of our President's decision to go after a phantom threat rather than pursue the real perpetrators of our tragedy. The death toll from 9/11 is still mounting. So, I take this day as moment to pause and reflect on what we have lost and what we continue to lose...

No comments: