Monday, March 02, 2009

LENT

It has been my tradition to ADD something rather than GIVE SOMETHING UP for Lent. Usually, I make it a point to go to church every week during Lent or to do a Bible study. I haven't done very well this year. A friend just sent me an e-mail forward that I really like.

Things to Give Up for Lent



Taking those you love for granted


Promising more than you can deliver


Losing your temper


Trying to get everything perfect


Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons


Thinking about money


Blaming other for your woes


Blocking out what you don’t want to hear


Listening only to yourself


Wanting to be in control

Having to be right


Patronizing people


Complaining


Carrying a grudge


Denying your obsessions


Feeling sorry for yourself


Thinking of greener grass


Telling God what to do


Pretending


Denying your gifts


Doubting your goodness


Looking for easy answers


Lying to God


Looking the other way


Expecting others to solve your problems


Doing what everyone else does


Carrying a chip on your shoulder

Being bored


Cursing the darkness


and


Denying that you are loved



I am definitely guilty of a bunch of these so I'm going to work on giving up some of these for Lent.

No comments: