Friday, May 07, 2010

Notes in the Margin

Hello fellow booklovers.

Well, I attended book club this week and put forth my theory about Gruen plagiarizing characters from SOPHIE'S CHOICE. It was not well-received. One woman in particular was extremely offended by my theory. Surely I am not the only one who things this.  The books was fine. Not as good as I had hoped but I really enjoyed the parts in the nursing home. I just couldn't get past the feeling that Gruen had copied Styron's characters, however, so that really colored the whole reading experience for me.

I am currently working on CUTTING FOR STONE. I can't believe it has taken me so long to read this book!  So far so good. I have started working on my pile of children's book galleys and I'm currently working on THE OWL KEEPER which is shaping up to be a great read.

These books landed on my doorstep this week:

THE LOVERS by Vendela Vida
WALKING TO GATLINBURG by Howard Frank Mosher
CLAUDE AND CAMILLE by Stephanie Cowell

And one more that I seem to be forgetting.

Check out my Mother's Day post here.

Have a great weekend and happy reading!!!

No comments: