Thursday, June 30, 2011

LBC Summer Escapist Reading 2011

I am adding a new annual feature called SUMMER ESCAPIST READING.  These are recent titles that I feel would make excellent Summer vacation/beach reading.  To get onto my  list, the books have plots that aren't overly complex or depressing and that move at a quick pace.  You can pick up and put down these books at a moment's notice and you won't have to work too hard to pick up where you left off. Plus, they are deliciously fun reads.  All of these titles were published in 2011 and I plan to add more to this list before Summer is over because there are a few titles on the nightstand that I feel confident would be perfect additions.

1. SANDALWOOD TREE by Elle Newmark

2. TURN OF MIND by Alice LaPlante

3. THE PEACH KEEPER by Sarah Addison Allen

4. DISCOVERY OF WITCHES by Deborah Harkness

5. ROBOPOCALYPSE by Daniel H. Wilson

6. BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP by S.J. Watson

7. VIOLETS OF MARCH by Sarah Jio

Most of these books have been or will be reviewed on this blog.   You can find the reviews by clicking on the links. They may not make my list for the Best Books of 2011 but I did find them all enjoyable and I think you will too.  Check back over the Summer for more titles!!!

1 comment:

Marie Cloutier said...

Can't wait to read your reviews!