Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I got up bright and early this morning to vote in the primary. I was only the fourth person to vote in my precinct. I hope the turnout improves throughout the day.

Okay, so here is an embarrassing secret...I bought Ashlee Simpson's new CD and it's pretty good. She's still really immature and her music can be fairly simplistic but it has a lot of potential. I really like some of her lyrics.

This one makes me think of Gary: "It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real. I like the way that feels."

Here are a few that resonate with me in general: "I am moody, messy, I get restless and it's senseless how you never seem to care." "Got bruises on my heart and sometimes I get dark."

She'll get better as she gets older and I think she's already better than Jessica.

I am a person who expresses herself through books, movies and music. I always feel like many writers/artists express themselves better than me. They often seem to be able to put into words exactly what I'm feeling. So, I use a lot of quotations. Because I like to be able to clearly reveal what I'm feeling. When I was in college, I felt no one could express me better than Sting. Now, I tend to lean towards female writers/artists. I'm not sure what that says about me but there it is. C.S. Lewis once said, "We read to know we are not alone." I also watch movies and listen to music for that same reason. It's a way to share the human experience.

No comments: