Monday, August 23, 2004

So, I just got back from a weekend in San Francisco with my amazing boyfriend Gary. But before I blog about that, I thought I'd talk a little bit about easy advocacy.

I know a lot of people (myself included) sometimes feel that advocacy is too much work. We all lead busy lives and don't have time to write letters to our congresspeople over every little issue. But I have found lots of ways to get involved online that take less than five minutes. Many nonprofits have developed easy action websites. You can sign up with your e-mail address and every time some important pertinent legislation comes up, they'll e-mail you about it. Then, you go to the website and click a button to send an e-mail. It's that simple. I do these easy action e-mails for the Natural Resources Defense Council, American Heart Assocation and, locally, the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless and the Children's Hospital of Denver. See if your favorite nonprofits have this handy tool and get involved. It's worth it.

Here's the NRDC link:

http://www.nrdc.org/action/




No comments: