Wednesday, September 29, 2004

So, I have a new theme song. I've been listening to Annie Lennox's "Little Bird" to get pumped up. It makes me think of all those times I was crippled by depression in college. Here are a few lyrics:

"I walk along the city streets
So dark with rage and fear
And I...I wish that I could be that bird
And fly away from here
I wish I had the wings to fly away from here
But my my I feel so low
My my where do I go ?
My my what do I know ?
My my we reap what we sow
They always said that you knew best
But this little bird's fallen out of that nest now
I've got a feeling that it might have been blessed
So I've just got to put these wings to test

For I am just a troubled soul
Who's weighted...Weighted to the ground
Give me the strength to carry on
Till I can lay this burden down
Give me the strength to lay this burden down down down yeah
Give me the strength to lay it down"

I like the idea of strengthening our wings and putting them to the test with flying. It's so easy to live in fear but I sometimes you just have to make that leap of faith. I haven't been really depressed since college. And now that I've made that leap of faith with Gary, I really do feel like I could fly away. I'm just happy all the time. It's crazy.

No comments: