Thursday, September 30, 2004

So, today is a big day for two reasons. First of all, today is DEBATE DAY!!! I hope it will be a good one. I feel as if the two camps are more interested in appearances than issues at the moment. And that's not good.

The second reason that today is a big day is that I went home at lunch and found the NEIMAN MARCUS CHRISTMAS BOOK in my mailbox. Woohoo!!! I look forward to this catalog every year. I love flipping through it to find out what fantasy gifts they are offering each year. This year's fantasy gifts include your own personal bowling alley and your own personal Zeppelin that carries 15 people! Neiman Marcus has always been a special place for me and my immediate family. I can remember going with my mom and dad to visit the Neiman Marcus Holiday Shop at Christmastime and going to see the fabulous window displays downtown. I also get to each at the downtown Zodiac tea room, shop for food goodies at the Epicurean, eat lunch the Little Mermaid, visit the animatronic History of Neiman Marcus showcase and visit the many fabulous Fortnight events they had throughout the 1980's . Yes, it's decadent and expensive but it is so fun to walk through . All the pretty clothes and baubles. You don't even have to buy anything to have a good time. Sometimes, when I'm feeling out of sorts, I drive to the mall just to walk through Neiman Marcus. And sometimes, I'll find something special, like the Christmas gift I bought for mom this year.

Neiman Marcus....the OTHER happiest place on earth.

No comments: