Monday, January 10, 2005

So, another glorious week begins at the library. And what did I do all weekend? That's right. I watched movies.

TROY--I saw this in the theater and was very disappointed and I thought I'd rent it to go back over certain scenes. But I couldn't do it. So I brought it back to the library.

LITTLE BLACK BOOK--Not what I expected. It was kind of a downer. Brittany Murphy is kind of likeable, though.

MARIA FULL OF GRACE--Wow. This was really depressing. But pretty good. I would make it a double feature with DIRTY PRETTY THINGS.

I also went to the movie theater and saw "LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU." It was very similar in feel to the ROYAL TENENBAUMS since it was the same director and most of the same cast. But it felt kind of disjointed. Like it was missing something. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel about Steve Zissou. Is he a fallen hero? Or is he just a sham? I still enjoyed it but not as much as the ROYAL TENENBAUMS.


1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I loved Maria Full of Grace. I found it to be an uplifting sort of depression.

and yes, Troy was awful, and Little Black Book also wasn't very good.