Saturday, January 08, 2005

So, another long tedious day at the library with a cold in my head. Yuck. The customers just seem that much more annoying when you are sick. Only 2 1/2 more magical hours to go. As I told my friend Amy, "Every moment is worse than the one before."

I got some guidebooks about San Francisco today so I can start investigating relocation. Everyone tells me that I would thrive in the Bay Area. Maybe. I sure would miss Colorado. And my house and my friends.

But I had a realization today. I was thinking about how much I love Texas and how there is a chance I might never live there again. And that thought really bothers me. Because Texas is a big part of who I am and I love it dearly. I love living there. Except for the heat. People have al of these pre-conceived notions about what Texas is like. Yes, it can be a bit conservative and yes, it can be a bit religious right-y. But there is so much more to it than that. After all, I'm a liberal and I was born and raised in Texas. And I'd like to live there again some days. And I'd like my kids to be born there. Just because...


No comments: