Wednesday, January 26, 2005

So, I went to Ginger's funeral this past weekend. It was difficult and sad but it was also the celebration of a life. So many people had so many wonderful things to say about her. She touched so many people. Her sister read her New Year's Resolution list that she had left behind and it was filled with items about doing things with and for other people. Because that is the type of person Ginger was. A caring and generous spirit. And that is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.

It makes me think about what kind of legacy I will leave behind. Will people come to my funeral? Will they remember me the way I want them to? Or will they see me as a difficult, irritable and self-centered individual? It makes me want to re-evaluate my life and my self. I want people to be able to laugh and be happy when they remember me. I want to make a positive difference in people's lives. Like Ginger. But I think I'm going to have to make some changes in my life for that to happen.

I've decided to start a scrapbook just for myself. I'm going to fill it with things about the person I want to be as well as the person that I am. So, when it is time for me to go, people will see and know me a little bit better.

No comments: