Friday, November 18, 2005

Another Reason Why Work is Tedious and Tiresome

So, yesterday was a cold day. I wore a long sweater over some jeans and my Ugg boots. Now, I am definitely not a person to wear super low rise jeans. These are were just the normal kind. Behind the circulation desk, we have shelves where we put the holds people have requested. My co-worker, Greg, was helping this man at the desk while I was on my hands and knees shelving holds. Well, it turns out the man complained about me because while I was shelving holds, he could see my lower back and the top of my underwear when my sweater rode up a little. Now, I know the sight of white cotton underwear can drive some men mad but really! Why was he even looking at me in the first place? I wasn't helping him. I was just minding my own business. And it wasn't like I had on low rise jeans with a thong sticking out. I was really put out by the whole thing. As if we don't have to deal with enough crazy people at work.

Maybe I'm just easily put out right now because I am sick with a miserable head cold. Maybe going to see Harry Potter tonight will cheer me up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it wasn't the fact that the customer saw white cotton underwear. Perhaps it was something else.

Anonymous said...

He should have complained about your boots. Those cuddly little sheep-lined boots are just ugly. Sorry if i offend!

Amy M. said...

Well, I really don't care if he even saw part of my bum. It's just not that big of a deal.

Okay, Anonymous, reveal thyself. You obviously see me quite frequently to know what I wear.

(and yes, the boots are ugly but they are comfortable on snowy days)

Anonymous said...

Please post a picture of your uggs! I have some pink ones and I just love them :))