Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2005 In a Nutshell Meme

From Vieve's blog.

What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before?
Turned 30, got engaged, started climbing lessons.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Some of them. I rid my life of all toxic people but I didn't get healthy.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Dave and Lora had Grace. Amy and Greg had Mia. Ellen and Jason had Anna. Whew!

Did anyone close to you die?
My family friends Ginger and Jeanne.

What countries did you visit?
none

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A new job, a new home and many more friends.

What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory and why?
May 23. When I got engaged.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting on my first Board of Directors with the Children's Hospital.

What was your biggest failure?
Gaining so much weight.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
It seemed like I was facing some bad physical stuff but everything worked out.

What was the best thing you bought?
my iPod was both the best and the worst...and lots of great books

Where did most of your money go?
gift for friends and family

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my trip to Disneyland

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? happier
b. Thinner or fatter? fatter
c. Richer or poorer? poorer

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Going to church and exercising

What do you wish you'd done less of?
eating eating eating and spending spending spending

How did you spend Christmas?
With Gary and my mom in Denver

Did you fall in love in 2005?
In 2004 and I stayed that way.

What was your favorite TV show?
Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Lost.

What was the best book you read?
wow, that's tough. Shadow of the Wind was really good but lots of others too.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2005?
Deathcab for Cutie

What did you want and get?
a great guy

What did you want and not get?
a great job and winning the lottery

What was your favorite film this year?
Too many to name but I loved Narnia and Harry Potter.

What did you do on your birthday?
I went to Disneyland!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a new job and making lots of new friends.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
J Crew meets Banana Republic with a little Anthropologie thrown in.

What kept you sane?
reading and my cat

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Matthew McConaughey

What political issue stirred you the most?
ending the war in Iraq and bringing our troops home

Who did you miss?
Gary and my far-away friends

Who was the best new person you met?
My co-worker Sara.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
To always be myself and not change for anyone.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Pretty Good Year (tori amos)

No comments: