Friday, January 20, 2006

Back to the Beginning

The first thing I like to do when moving to a new place is do get a library card. When I first came to Denver as a graduate student, I headed over to the Virginia Village library to get a card. It was a nice friendly neighborhood branch. Little did I know that I would be working there within the next two years. I started my library career at VVI. Eventually, I transferred to another branch where I could have more responsibilities but I do miss VVI now and then. At this moment, I am sitting in VVI at a public computer. I came here to return the last of my Denver library books. I thought it fitting. It's strange to be here now. So much has changed. This used to be one of the highest circing branches. Then, they came in and made a bunch of arbitrary changes and now it is very very quiet. And not in a good library quiet kind of way. But most of the same people are here and they are as nice as always. I can almost catch a glimpse of a ghost of myself from five years ago.

Farewell, Virginia Village library.

No comments: