Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's Life, Jim, But Not As We Know It

I know I haven't written in awhile. It's been all packing all the time since I quit the library. I have never dealt well with change which is really unfortunate since change is one of the few things in life we can count on. I'm almost ready to go. Gary comes in next week and we leave around the 30th for California. I'm not sure that is has completely sunk in that life as I know it is about to end.

Since college, I haven't had any roommates and I have never lived with anyone I have dated. I'm a pretty independent person. (an only child no less) It's going to be quite a change and adjustment to live with Gary. I am both excited and apprehensive. Will I drive him crazy? Will he drive ME crazy? Will I have enough "us" time? Will I have enough "me" time? And I need to find a job once I get out there. And the thought that we are getting married in 5 1/2 months is starting to become a real reality. Yikes!

I think when I first get out there I really want to spend some time exploring San Francisco. First of all, I want to go see the parrots on Telegraph Hill. (if you haven't seen the documentary, it's great) And I want to see Alcatraz and all the museums I haven't been to yet.

Tomorrow is my farewell party that my friend Gary L. is hosting. I'm really looking forward to it. I think it will provide some closure to my time in Denver. And it will give me a chance to be with all of my dear friends.

Today is a day of more packing and meeting with the realtor. So many things to get done.

Today is truly the first day of the rest of my life. I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments: