Thursday, July 05, 2007

One Down, ? to Go

...and a good time was had by all. Well, my first anniversary was really nice. We escaped to Sonoma for two nights and stayed at a beautiful hotel, had dinner at a lovely restaurant and had a delightful massage. All provided by my mom through an auction item that she won at an event. We braved 100 degree weather and watched the parade in the Square and then headed over to a big field last night to watch the wonderful fireworks.

I gave Gary the PLANET EARTH dvds and two small parchment pamphlets tied with ribbon that I found at Dave Eggers' Valencia writing workshop in San Francisco. I am still working on that "creative" gift idea. Gary is going to give me opera tickets and he made me the cutest framed document. It lists all of the years of our marriage and each year that goes by, I get to open up the frame and check off another year! It's really cute.

I can't believe it has been a year since all of our fun wedding festivities in Sonoma. It really seems like only yesterday. And I wish all of our family and friends could have been with us again this year.

My friend Gary (who will be debuting his blog ANY DAY NOW) sent us a lovely handmade card and we got calls and e-mails from several friends. It is really nice to have your special day remembered.

Now, on to year two!

No comments: