Thursday, July 19, 2007

Updates

Sorry I haven't written a proper post in awhile. I think I may have Blogger's Block.

I went to Denver this past weekend to visit my friends. It has been a year since I have seen most of them. It was so good to see everyone and spend time with them. In many ways, it was as if I had never left. I went to several of my favorite restaurants and did some shopping. My friends Amy and Sara held a little get-together for me as well. It was really nice. But it also made me sad. Life goes on. New groups form, new inside jokes and stories develop, babies grow up. It's just different. And, of course, that is the nature of life. But I realized how I am not really a part of that group anymore. They will always be my friends but friendships are just different when you live next to each other as opposed to when you lives states apart. I'm hoping that maybe next year I can have a girls' weekend with some of them. That would be nice.

My next trip will be going home to Texas next month. I will be there for my friend Brandon's wedding which should be a lot of fun! He is just one of the sweetest guys I have ever known. We met while working at a bookstore together in college. I'm looking forward to the trip. And I always love going home.

Here is the latest Adam update for those who are interested. The little guy is still fighting for his life. The DA has been responsive to the letter-writing campaign and the two girls are being charged with felonies. In light of the recent dog-fighting charges against Vick, I think it is more important than ever that we as a country send swift, decisive messages about animal cruelty. For a full article on Adam and new photos, go here.

There has been a wonderful outpouring of support for Adam nationwide. If you would like to add your two cents to the letter-writing campaign to the Sonoma County DA, please let me know and I will give you the e-mail address.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know when you're in town--maybe we can meet in person!

Bookfool said...

I think I have a bit of blogger's block, too. I just haven't felt like writing blog entries, lately. Oh, well. It's summer.