Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Awards!

Thank you to the Boston Bibliophile for honoring me with the following awards:



"Naida of The Bookworm created the award, and made this adorable button with a picture of her dog wearing one of her own hand-crocheted creations. So cute."



"Blogs that received the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."

Thank you Marie!!! You honor me and you made my day.

In other news, my beloved cat won the Fabulous Feline Photo Contest in our little town!!! Our friends took this photo of his win:



And finally, I was blessed by three awards at my annual Junior League dinner. I got a US Presidential Service award for putting in over 100 hours of volunteer service over the last year. Then, I was surprised to receive "Committee Member of the Year." The most shocking moment came when I won one of our League's two biggest awards--The Bunny O'Brien Award. I have to admit I teared up quite a bit. It is so humbling to have your small contributions recognized. Especially when surrounded by such amazing women.

These awards have been just the boost I needed!

2 comments:

Bookfool said...

Congratulations on all your awards. Wow, you've been around for 6 years? I had no idea!

I've always loved that photo of your cat and I'm not surprised it won a contest.

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on the awards, Amy! Wow! So exciting! It couldn't have happened to a better person. :-)